DELMIA? Digital Manufacturing drives manufacturing innovation and efficiency by planning, simulating, and modeling global production processes. This computer-based modeling technique leverages 3D visualization and powerful solutions to build products virtually, simulate and optimize new manufacturing system designs, as well as validate production schedules before setting foot in the actual production facility.
DELMIA allows manufacturers to virtually experience their entire factory production from the impact of design to determining how to meet global demand. These simulation activities better address and shift processes so as to quickly respond to the competition, or to take advantage of new market opportunities. DELMIA Digital Manufacturing capabilities extend visualization beyond the product into manufacturing—providing the ability to simulate manufacturing processes before the physical plant or production line even exists. By proving out plant level considerations such as manufacturing approaches and material flow in the early stages of product development, the product concept can be analyzed to determine the best approach to make the product resulting in faster, better responses to new market opportunities and competition.
Manufacturing Engineering in the Digital Age
Operational excellence begins with manufacturing engineering—and engineering is best done in the digital realm. Digital technology has transformed engineering processes such as designing new factories and launching new products, enabling manufacturing engineers to design operational excellence into the projects from the very beginning.
DELMIA Digital Manufacturing solutions are the critical step in creating a Digital Thread of intelligence – a connected, integrated view extending from the virtual world of design and innovation to the real world of production. Both real and virtual activities can be linked to your extended value chain, and your customers, while ensuring that all product specifications are available to view and manage.
DELMIA Digital Manufacturing Provides the Strategic and Tactical Advantage to:
- Plan, using comprehensive 3D process and resource planning tools; create and optimize build-to-order and lean production manufacturing systems.
- Simulate, with tools to virtually define and optimize manufacturing assets concurrently with manufacturing planning.
- Operate an accurate virtual production system to track real-time activities, perform schedule changes, launch new programs, introduce model changeovers, and schedule maintenance operations.
DELMIA Digital Manufacturing Capabilities and Values Include:
- Connect manufacturing stakeholders for a common understanding
- Reuse existing processes and tools
- Manage plant--and other resources--with change control
- Connect suppliers and others collaborators to the single source of manufacturing truth
- Manufacturing project governance
- Design, validate and document manufacturing processes
- Accelerate new product and variant introduction planning
- Optimization of space and resources to increase factory performance and safety
- Reduce product and resource physical prototypes with 4D simulation
- Program and simulate industrial robotics
- Reduce capital investment by designing and validating new systems virtually
- Increase manufacturing volume by reducing cycle time
- Launch new products faster by programming robots offline
- Program and simulate machining and additive manufacturing
- Reduce programming time by reusing company best practices
- Improve programming accuracy with advanced machining strategies
- Ensure tool paths are collision-free with machine tool simulation
- Design human-centered production and workplace environments
- Optimize end-user experience by integrating ergonomics requirements early in product design
- Lower the need for costly physical prototypes using the targeted virtual population
- Focus on worker safety with early validation of tasks
- Reduce the risk of work-related injuries